We heard from Elder Summerhays today!
He writes only a few words in his email, but his tone is enthusiastic. Apparently he has hand written some letters with more information which we are excited to receive.
From Cameron:
"Oi! Tudo Ben (how are you) my wonderful family? Surprise... it looks like I get email in the MTC afterall haha! I have 45 minutes a week on my Pday to use email. Like I said the MTC is a blast! I love the food, rice and beans a llloooott. it is really good actually. Of course the nights are awful because it smells from all of the beans, but what can you do? There are so many great people here it is very exciting. It looks like any family can email me so aunts and uncles and cousins are good. The language is going great, and I love my roomates. I am going to try and send you pictures through email as soon as possible! won´t that be great?! I am excited at least. If you send me a package could you put in a USB device that reads camera memory cards so that I can send you pictures via email. If you send me the device the way that the first letter you recieved [From the mission pres] instructed then it should not be taxed. I can not take my camera in public because of theft risks, they do not want theives thinking that there are a ton of tourists at the MTC so pictures are prohibited outside the premesis. It is smart and really we are not tourists we are missionaries anyways. Maybe you will get this and be able to write me back while I am still on. If not, enjoy my letters and hopefully the pictures I will send to you. I love you all very much, have a fantastic week. Boa Tardge´. Tchau!
~Elder Summerhays"
After sending his email from the MTC, he went across the street to Mr. Cheney's Cookies, where they offer a service through Missionties.com to scan and email handwritten letters. Here are his brief comments:
"To Mom and Dad- Hello Again! It's me...your missionary! Just wanted to say I love you again. I can't wait to hear from you. Love, Elder Summerhays"
We're very happy he sounds so positive and we're looking forward to hearing about companions, spiritual experiences etc. More to come soon. Thanks again, everyone, for keeping Elder Summerhays in your prayers.
-Vince & Tamara
Welcome....
Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
can't wait to get his email address. we will be sure to write! :-)
Wow....he is a missonary now!!! I am soo glad you are doing this blog...it will be such a fun way to keep in touch with him and you!!! You guys ROCK!!!
Love ya!!!
ok...that last comment was me...not Sydney...she must have written on her blog after I did...and she didn't sign out...sorry!!!
Post a Comment