How are you all doing? I hope well. There is a mail strike going on in Sao Paulo so your Missionties letters have not reached me yet. Sorry if this letter ends up being short, I am thinking about what to write and there isn't a lot to say about this week.
This week was good, we worked really hard and met some really elect people. We are still teaching those people that we have dates marked for, it is really great to hear them accepting what we are teaching. One of them, however, decided she would return to her church, it was really awkward, she wouldn't look at us in the face for more than a moment. She knows what's right, but for some reason she's not doing it. This provides a great opportunity to learn patience, and also to appreciate those people who are willing to demonstrate their faith and act. We have one right now called Luciano, he has an open heart, it is really great. He told us that he was going to our church this Sunday before we even asked! It made me smile that's for sure.
I've really been enjoying those Fruity Pebbles that you sent, they almost lasted 2 weeks. In fact almost everything in the package has been eaten! haha Skittles never tasted so good in my entire life. You know what the real bummer is? They don't have root beer down here. It doesn't exist in Brazil! I keep telling my companion that he doesn't know what he's missing...but I guess that's the problem! haha Whoa, I just realized the 4th of July was 4 days ago, how was it? Send pictures! Sigh, sorry I don't have more to say, next week will be better I hope. I love you all, be happy, and guess what?! The church is true!
p.s. "Can life get any better? I submit that it cannot." Brian Regan
Love, Elder Cameron Summerhays
Welcome....
Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That kid loves that Brian Regan quote..I've seen him use it a few places. :) Thanks so much for typing up all of these letters! It's like a windfall! haha Wish we could send him rootbeer, but that seems unlikely. How do they make it homemade? Is there extract or something? I'm sure that wouldn't be quite the same thing. haha Thanks again!
Post a Comment