Nope, I´m not getting transferred! Whooo I love this area, I am going to ball my eyes out when I leave here. I am still with Elder Lima, and we are doing a lot better in our relationship, he misses his family, but he will be fine. Yesterday was crazy though! He hit his head on the shower handle while he was taking a shower, and it was really loud, I heard it two rooms over. When he came out he didn´t say anything for a bit, but then he started telling me about it. A few minutes later he started freaking out and saying he was going to die. His vision had gone black for a bit and he said he felt something in his head that felt like running blood. He got really nervous and was trying to leave and then came back like a thousand times. I was trying to calm him down. I told him to sit down and take deep breaths and then he asked for a blessing, so I gave him one, and he calmed down some but we called the bishop to take him to the hospital. We got there and they took 2 xrays and said he might have a small fracture, but they weren´t sure so they sent him home with instructions that if anything strange began to happen he was to return immediately, if nothing happens he is fine. soooo. That's what we did, and he´s fine now, but it was sure crazy! I knew he would be okay though, I don´t blame him for freaking out either, I probably would! That´s not how we opened the new year though! We opened the new year with another baptism! wooo. His name is Thiago (James in English) he is the son of Maria José the other lady we baptized, she cried and cried when he was confirmed. It was a really spiritual experience! Now we are going to try and baptize his brother who is afraid of water, but we´ll pray and comfort him and he´ll be baptized.
How were the fireworks this year? Last year they were terrible! Here was pretty chill, everybodys just a little drunk is all haha. We taught a lady last weekend that attends a church that yells their prayers, and after we said ours she asked to say one of hers. It was scary to tell you the truth, I felt all goodness leave, and the door literally slammed behind me without any wind. I just prayed for anything bad to leave and we left there as quickly as possible.
Anyway that was my week haha. How are you? Oh and tell Jamie thanks for the email and that she can send the letter to this address because I wasn´t tranferred. Tell her the letter was something I needed to hear.
Love,
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Welcome....
Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment