Finally I have added some posts to the blog. These are the most recent ones. Enjoy!
Hey Fam. Sounds like you guys had a great time. (Taylor and Vince went camping and gun shooting and Bryce, Lilly McKenna and I went to Utah).
Me and Elder Houghton are going to shoot ducks together after the mission haha. How come we never shot the shotgun before?
I am sorry to hear that your back (Vince’s) isn´t doing so well, it´s true about once a year you throw the darn thing out, poor man. I am also really sorry to hear about McKenna´s sickness... I thought I would be more likely to get the stinking flu considering where I am but... I never thought that somebody in my family would get it. I am excited to see the house now that it has been painted, send pictures please, I want to see it.
This week has been great, we baptized! wooo hooo! His name is Thalles (Talees) he is 15 years old and a few members of his family are already baptized. My companion got to baptize him and it was great. He´s a good kid... and he reminds me a lot of Brad... isn´t that weird? We are hoping for a lot more baptisms.
I was glad to hear that Mom’s trip went well and that Bryce had such a great experience when he was at the temple. It´s good to hear that Jamie is doing well as well.
This week I received 2 letters from Jamie, 1 from sister Catron, a postcard from Japan, and the Bass Lake letters. It was really good get those, keep them coming!
I am also very happy to hear that you were able to see the Dahlstrom’s. I will definitely go to visit them after the mission, I am really grateful for them. It´s good to know that the dogs are still doing well also. Anyway, I have got to get going, I love you all very much and hope that you are happy. Be good and give lots of hugs.
Love,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Hi Mom! You´re in Utah again?! Why does it seem that once I left everyone started to travel all the time?!haha Just kidding. Everything is going great here, It was a fast week and boy are we tired. We worked hard and almost baptized 2 little girls, unfortunately their mother decided not to sign the papers and they will have to wait until their mom lets them get baptized. That was kind of a bummer but we can´t insist. This week we are going to have 3 baptisms and the papers are already signed. One is a young man about Taylor’s age but the kid reminds me of Brad haha. Then there are two brothers, they are 9 and 11 and their mom wants them to get baptized. We are really excited for these people and I am sure the Lord has great plans for them. I am really liking my new area. This branch has its challenges, but that is okay we just push through them and everything works out great. Anyway. I love you very much and next week I will have pictures of the baptisms and more stories I am sure. I will write more in another email.
I love you Mommy!
Love,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Hey mom yeah I am doing great here in Anapolis! My companion (If I didn´t tell you last time) is Elder Lewis from Arizona. He is great. We are in a little branch called Industrial. I love it here! We already have about 8 people that we are going to baptize including 2 little girls this weekend. The roads are all dirt so my shoes are always dirty. The people are really simple and I love them. We worked really hard last week and broke the branch record of 31 people in the chapel, it was great. Elder Lewis is a great missionary. While his Portuguese needs to improve a bit he is full of the Spirit and that is what counts, I love him. I would like to inform you all that I am officially the master of Passion Fruit Mousse. It´s so funny that I never knew that Passion fruit was a fruit until I came to Brazil, I thought it was just a bunch of fruits mixed together. It has a chemical in it just like turkey that makes you sleepy so I love to make it on Tuesday! haha! I also make mousse of lemon.
It´s good to hear from you all this week. It is good to hear that Jamie has gotten home safely, I haven’t heard anything from her yet, but I am sure that I will get something soon. I am jealous of the California Brittle of course, but that´s okay. Grandpa is going to come to the Northwest? To live or just to visit? I think it would be cool if he moved there, but who knows? I am glad that the surgery went well and that there weren’t any problems. I wonder if I will be able to understand Spanish when I get back as well... hmmm maybe.
Sigh anyway, once again I have forgot the address so you will have to wait a little bit longer, I will probably be going to Goiania in the next 2 weeks or so and I will be able to get letters there, but I will get the address of my house as well don´t worry.
Anyway, I hope you are all happy and well I love you very much, HAPPY FATHERS DAY DAD! I hope you aren’t mad that I didn´t send anything, but I love you very much... we will have lots of Fathers days after my mission so don´t worry, we´ll go fishing! I love you all very much, be happy give lots of hugs.
I LOVE YOU ALL!
Love,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Hey Mom how are you doing? Everything is going great here. haha. No, the transfers haven’t happened yet, next Tuesday we will know the transfers. There’s a 50/50 chance that I stay here so we’ll just see how it goes. I don’t know if I will be here for their baptism or not because they have to get married first, but we will see how things go there. We are working hard to find the elect, I am sure the Lord will put a baptism in our path.
I found your note in the Ensign, thanks a bunch. The cologne is great, and yes they are envious. Don’t worry about girls, I don’t wear it during the week, just on Sunday. The pants fit great, to tell you the truth the other pants got really tight on me, I was dying!
I am sorry to hear about the trinkets,(my Mom’s), if I were you I would try and preserve one of the trinkets for yourself, that helps sometimes. I know that psychologically speaking one of the ways to get over a difficulty is to make a change in something, move the room around, style your hair differently, do something different.
I am glad to hear that Jamie is sending you updates and stuff. I will be excited as well to hear how Japan was when I get back. I forgot she was staying there for such a short time. She is going home in the next 30 days right? Don’t you forget to keep in touch with her, she loves you guys and I know you love her. Include her often in your activities and when possible and keep her in your prayers.
Anyway aside from that there is not a lot to say. If possible it would be nice to have some money to buy some things I am needing, I will probably buy new shoes soon. If you could plan to have some money in there by Thursday I would be very grateful. Also the next time you send a package (note: I said the next time so don’t rush if you weren’t planning on sending one sometime soon) if you could put the thin brownish blanket that you bought for me before my mission in it that would be great, I donated my other one to my companion who was freezing at night.
Anyway, I love you very much and hope you are all doing well. I hope you are all happy and healthy. Don’t forget who you are, you are children of God that stood by Jesus Christ in a great council before this life. Each of you chose individually to come to earth as valiant warriors who cast Satan and his angels out of the presence of God. Be strong as the war continues and forget not the covenant we made when we came to this earth. The time is short and the road is long but Jesus walked it as well, he knows you all better than you can imagine, he walked a mile in your shoes and then kept going to save us all. Take up your cross be strong. I love you all. DO NOT FORGET WHERE YOU CAME FROM AND WHY YOU ARE HERE, BLESSINGS AWAIT THOSE WHO ARE OBEDIENT. I love you all very much! In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
Love,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Hey Mom how are you doing... I think I said something wrong by mistake, but transfers aren’t for another 2 weeks, but thanks for the kind words... Funny things is though he was still transferred! haha. The President needed him somewhere else for the last 2 weeks of this transfer. Unfortunately I wasn´t able to say goodbye to him, but that´s okay, sometimes things just don´t work out, I don´t complain.
Don´t listen to the silly shows that they pass on the T.V. about Brazil, they just say a bunch of funny stuff to make people get interested. I haven’t seen a single dangerous thing here except for some psycho huge spiders that stay in the almost nonexistent forest here in Goiania. Brazilians are actually pretty ticked off that we come there thinking that we´re going to die at any moment haha. There is nothing dangerous about this city at all. We clean the house frequently so we don´t have to worry about any type of pests, and it´s all good.
This week was great, we brought some members with us to teach a family that we met. We taught and asked the members to bear their testimonies. We showed them a movie about the restoration, and then we testified of its truth. A feeling came into the room that was unmistakable to all as the Holy Ghost. I told the investigators in that minute that what they were feeling was the Spirit of God telling them that our message is true. Sister Rocha, who is one of the members we brought, almost cried as well as me. The investigators then told us they were looking for a true church. I am really excited to help this family enter into the church, without a doubt they will be baptized. We are trying really hard to work more with the members. It is proven that the more lessons that we have with members the more success that we will have. I was very grateful for that experience, and has renovated my desire to do even more.
I hope you are happy, I love you very much, don´t worry too much about the past and what hasn´t been done, just look forward to what you are going to do now. There´s nothing I can do to change the past but the future is bright. As preach my gospel teaches us, ´the best remedy for anything is work work work. If I were you I would be reading preach my gospel it is full of doctrine that can help our lives. Look for the part that talks about the importance of members in missionary work. I love you very much Mom. Be happy give hugs!
Love,
Elder Summerhays
I have sent you another letter with everything I wanted to say, but I would like to thank you for this letter, it was touching to me. I am glad that the Lord was able to use me as an instrument in his hands to comfort you. I have no doubt that the Lord wanted you to know just what was said. Personally I had to read it again to make sure you were actually reading the letter that I wrote! I barely remember the words I used. I see now the hand of the Lord. In Alma 26, Ammon says ´I am nothing´ or something to that effect. The Lord changes the heart of stone of a heart of flesh and blood, I have seen this great and marvelous change in my life. I love you Mommy, I am glad that you are happy. Don´t worry about me I am fine, it´s a little weird to know that she´s gone, but my soul is at peace. I will comment with the President, but I am fine. I love you be happy!
Love,
Cameron Dean Summerhays
I am glad to hear that the funeral went well. Now that I think, being the oldest I never had opportunities to see weddings or funerals... things like that. I don´t remember anyway, the only time I remember is when I touched Grandpas hand as a child and it is a very vague memory. I am so glad that the family was able to have a good time afterward, I am sure that made Grandma very happy. I have to say I am a little jealous about the whole dolphin thing, I will get over it! haha. Way to go mom with the toe by the way! “that doesn´t look right”. haha. I had a good laugh about that... but I am sure it hurt. I can´t believe Taylor attacked his own mother! haha. sigh...
In other news. I received the package with the pants and the socks and the perfume... I mean cologne, and all the other stuff. Thanks very much. I loved the letters and the pictures and everything. Tawni sent me some pictures. It´s kind of weird that everybody has grown up, but it was good to see her. Good thing Janelle started driving while I was gone it´s not safe anymore! McKenna is next huh!? noooo way Jose! That just doesn´t work out in my book.
This week has been good, we´ve had some people falling through, but we look forward to the future with bright hopes. The Lord will make everything right, I will be in division this week with my favorite missionary buddy, he works hard and we have an extremely strong spirit while working together. I have told you about him on the phone, his name is Elder Moura. I love that guy so much. He is going home in about 3 weeks and I will miss him a lot. When I get home the first thing I will do is call him! haha Then you can hear me speaking unscripted improv Portuguese!
I am so happy that you all have a good outlook on things, and I am glad that everything went well in California. Always look forward with faith in the Lord and everything will work out right. We have a formula for faith in the mission that is written in the form of a pyramid. The base is EXACTNESS. To show our faith we must be exact! Keeping the commandments is the easy part, exactness is following everything, counsel of the prophets for example, for the strength of youth. Exactness is just the start of true faith then we have to get rid of silly excuses and get to work. I am glad to see that you as a family are doing a form of work in supporting one another. I love you very much, be happy give hugs pray hard. Pray as if everything depended on the Lord. Work as if everything depended on YOU!
Love,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
“Mommy,
Deus nos due as lembrancas para que tenhamos as rosas de verao no inverno de nossas vidas.
God gave us memories so that we have the roses of summer in the winter of our lives. (Thomas S. Monson)
I am confident that the fond memories will find a great place in your mind as you think of my grandmother. I know that she was a great woman and I am eternally in debt to her for giving you to me as my mother. Never will an evil word be said about her in my presence. I am deeply grateful to my Father in Heaven for receiving his valiant daughter into his rest. Do not worry, your mother is watching now and is happy to see the family that you have raised. Wash your face dry your tears your Father loves you. I love you very much Mom and I hope that you find happiness in these tough times. I have no doubt that your Mother is very happy. Smile it always changes the outlook of things, help somebody with something it makes the outlook even better!
This week has been good working hard and happy. I found out that my package arrived, I just don´t know when I will be able to go and get it is all. But I am sure in the next week I will have it. I will keep this short, but be happy. I love you very much Mommy, go the temple your Mom is closest to you there.
You loving son,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Welcome....
Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
No comments:
Post a Comment