Welcome....

Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.

I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.

Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.

Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).

Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)

Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil

Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil

Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.

Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)

View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)

For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia

-Vince

Friday, June 6, 2008

Email, 6/3/2008

Reminder: These are just exerpts of our conversations.

Oi meu pais! Como vai? (Hi My Parents! How are things going?)

Tamara:
How has your week been? Any investigators you would like to tell us about?
How is the language coming along? We have been saying many prayers in your behalf in hopes that you would feel more comfortable with the language. I hope you are feeling more confident.

We have some sad news to report. Your cousin Parker was hit by a car on Friday while he was riding his bike. He was crossing a very busy road and the man that hit him didn't even see him. Unfortunately he wasn't wearing a helmet and sustained a fractured skull and a fractured femur (8 spots). He had to be air lifted to Children's Hospital in Salt Lake and has been in a coma since Friday. The swelling on his brain has decreased and they are hoping to operate on his leg today. Please remember him in your prayers. Terilyn and Joe are very optimistic and feel like everything will be alright but I'm sure all of our prayers will help.

The other sad news is that the Soelberg's are moving to Utah. CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT!?!?! I am so sad about it. Taylor and McKenna are also very sad. Addison bore her testimony on Sunday and had everyone in tears. We will miss them terribly.

I saw Brad on Sunday and besides the fact that he wants time go faster so he can get on his mission, he is doing well.

Elder Summerhays:
Are you serious! Parker was hit by a car! I can´t believe it. It is weird... I at first felt mortified, but then I felt okay. No matter what happens everything will be okay. But it still totally sucks he got hit by a car, I will pray for him, he will be okay of course, he has received priesthood blessings.

I received Dads letter today about the Soelbergs, needless to say I am pretty sad about that. It is hard to imagine coming home and not having them there. I will see them again though no doubt there. Brother Soelberg and his family meant a lot to me. He helped me learn a lot as a priest, he is a wise man I am grateful for him. I also heard Brad has finally sent me a letter, I can´t wait to get it! Anything else going on?

Things are great here. Did you receive a letter yet? Because the letter I just got from you today says you didn´t get one yet. I write good letters every week; it is hard for me to talk about things in emails because then the letters don´t mean anything. I am learning the language very quickly and my companion and I can communicate much better now, so we have kind of reached an actual friendship so we have the spirit with us much more, I love it. We had a great mini conference with President Tobias this morning, it was fantastic. We watched a really spiritual video about the atonement. Say happy birthday to Sister Waldram, she still needs to write me by the way haha.

Tamara:
I'm so glad that you are feeling better about the language and that it has helped your companionship. President Tobias sounds like a wonderful man. I have read a few things on "Missionary Mom" that describe him as a great Mission President.

I will tell Sister Waldram happy birthday, and she just called me this morning to get your address so you should be getting a letter shortly.

Elder Summerhays:
Okay, (since you haven't received my letters), I will tell you what I didn´t tell you last week, are you ready? .....We had a baptism! it was really cool, actually I had little to do with it. He had been investigating the church for years, and his wife was a member... he is a really nice elderly man. It was great taking pictures with him and whatnot! woooo! we have 2 more people with dates for baptism right now, it is really exciting.

Well I have to get going, I am glad you are all well, It is really exciting working out here. we met the 2 investigators batando portas (knocking/clapping doors), and I have been there from the beginning, they are great, and are happy to see us when we come.

I love you all so much. Keep writing, I hope my letters begin to arrive, I am upset they have not arrived yet. No worries though, just faith. I do not know about Piccasa, I was going to ask this week about that, because I want you all to see pictures so bad.

I love you I pray for you always.

No comments: