Dear Family,
Well today makes exactly 5 months. I can't believe how fast time has flown by. I received letters from Lilly, Bryce and McKenna this week, also from Bro. & Sis. Woodward; and Sister Waldram. I was really excited for them all. This week went really well and the work is progressing quickly. We have 3 baptismal dates for the 10th but only 1 is for sure. We have 5 baptismal dates for the 16th. We have been meeting a lot more people that say they will be baptized the first time we ask, instead of telling us they're already baptized and then we have to re-explain the same thing we just taught them. I just try to imagine what is going on in their minds and I find the patience to continue. It's getting a lot easier to accept rejection, it's almost funny sometimes. I'll say, "Hello my name is Elder Summerhays..." and extend my hand. As they are walking they look to my hand, to my face, and with a smirk keep walking. I always look to my companion and we have a little laugh about it and keep walking. It is pretty funny to watch to be honest.
But right now we have a young man named Marcil (Mar-siu) who will be baptized on the 10th. He honestly was an answer to my prayers. We have met with him every day for almost 3 weeks. He missed church the first week and after he told us how bad he felt that he missed it. On another occasion, we called Marcil and right from the start he told us how happy he was with us, that we clapped at his door. We were all smiles when he said that. Then he told us he would follow us wherever we asked. If you have doubt that this is an elect, prepared of God, listen to this next part. His friends who also are his neighbors, told him to forget about us and he said, "no, I will continue". And the next day I heard him bear his testimony for the first time about the Book of Mormon. Truly there is no greater joy than this in all the world. The Lord prepared him, we were just there to pick him up. I don't think we did a single thing concerning doubts and concerns, he already was a member without baptism and a book.
Anyway, sorry this one was short, I ran out of time today. Know that I am well and that I love you. Remember always that the simplest and most perfect response to any problem is "What would Jesus do?" So common is this phrase that people have almost forgotten the true significance of it. Don't let the simple things be the barrier. Satan uses the simple things to make the big things look less harmful.
I love you all, be happy and pray for me often. You are always in my prayers. I love YOU!
Love, Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Welcome....
Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment