Dear family,
Guess who received a huge backpack of stuff this week?! I did! haha It was great and still is. I'm trying to make it last as long as I can. I haven't made any root beer yet but I will do that this week for sure. I received one of those little tape cassettes but the problem is I don't have a tape player! It's driving me nuts! haha, but maybe a member has one. I also thought is was funny that McKenna labeled everything that she was responsible for! Thanks for the birthday list McKenna! Speaking of birthday's, you've just had one! Wooo! What is that now 11?? How was it, did you have fun? Fourteen years old, I can't believe it. And Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. Just...23?, years ago you were married and a short nine years later you had your beautiful little girl and 2 ridiculous, rowdy boys wondering who she was. Parabens to you all.
Well, I was enjoying my nice, peaceful p-day today when the Mission President called. He told the other 2 missionaries in our house that they are going to another area for 15 days, he then told us that we would be working our area and their area at the same time. Our area is already big and it has now doubled in size. We also are going to pick up all of their appointments and investigators. It's a little overwhelming right now but we are just throwing in our best with faith and prayer and I know the Lord will help. It's kind of neat that the president trusts that I can do this and I want to show him that I'm willing to anything the Lord asks of me.
Anyway, this week was good, we worked really hard and met some really good investigators. We met this one guy who told us he was a pagan. The only thing I knew about paganism is what I've read in science-fiction fantasy books, which I immediately decided were half true. Apparently they believe in God as a woman and some other things. I just got his address and told him we would go there, that will be an interesting visit. Oh! Tell Bryce thanks for the Indiana Jones light and for the shark tooth necklace, he is so funny.
Anyway, I love you all, have a great week and I am praying for you often. I am sorry this is so short again. I know the gospel is true and that God always keeps his promises, we just have to do our part. Pray for me a lot and be happy. When things are hard just think of how hard it was for the Savior. Love you!
Love, Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays
Welcome....
Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.
I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.
Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.
Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).
Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil
Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil
Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.
Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)
View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)
For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia
-Vince
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment