Welcome....

Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.

I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.

Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.

Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).

Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)

Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil

Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil

Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.

Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)

View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)

For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia

-Vince

Friday, October 17, 2008

E-mails - Sept. 23, 2008

Hey mom how are you? Hope you all have had a great week. We´re doing great here. We´re working really hard and trying to get the members more involved. Sounds like the week has been really good for you guys. That´s cool you went to Buca Di Beppo´s I like that place a lot. I went there for an ASL extra credit thing one time. You bought Super Smash Brother Brawl! psshhh way to make me jealous haha. It is supposed to be awesome a lot of people have been waiting for that for a long time. Tell Bryce I am really sorry I haven´t managed to find anything for his birthday, but I am keeping my eye out, they don´t have a lot here that Bryce doesn´t already have. Hey keep your eyes out for a movie called Dragon Ball Z I have been hearing talk about that from some Brazilians here but of course I don´t have time or permission to look for it haha.

McKenna is taking independent study courses? what courses?

Thanks for the song lyrics I love that song... I kind of just like all hymns though these days. Oh! I have some things I want you as a family to find and watch. The first is a film called small and simple things, and you all need to pay attention and think about it after. Also a film called Joseph the Prophet of the Restoration. I have never seen a film more powerful about Joseph Smith´s Life than that movie, it doesn´t have sugar and a cherry on top either so maybe it´s not good for Bryce and Lilly just yet, but find it, and if it has a Portugese translation could you send me a copy of it? Also the film Small and Simple Things, it doesn´t have words, just music so if you could send that to me too that would be great. Also could you send me some normal plain black socks, mine are wearing thin and I don´t want it to cause blisters, they are good for a few more months so don´t rush I don´t want you sending stuff every week it´s expensive. Wooh sorry I just remembered that stuff so I had to get it out before I forgot.

We're teaching this one family that doesn't have a father, but there is little 11 year old girl who is just an absolute angel, and we're going to get them baptised the Saturday after this coming Saturday. Also, I made a contact with a woman in the store, it was cool because I wasn't going to but the spirit told me to do it and so I told her who we were and what we did and if she wanted to hear a message in her house. She was really happy when I said that and gave me all of her information. We went to her house and gave her a great message and the spirit was really strong. She accepted a baptismal date, and will go to church Sunday. It is really exciting here these days, I can't even begin to explain. we are going to funeral homes, schools, hospitals, police stations, fire stations, and we open the church in the middle of the week to invite the people in. My companion Elder Bakker is fantastic, we work in unison and have a mind set on the work. A greater friend I have not in the mission. I will miss him once we are no longer companions. I have learned a lot from him in a very short space of time. He is also district leader here, so I am learning a lot about how to be a good leader.

McKenna, YOU CAN´T GO TO DANCES! haha sigh I´m only a little mad I´m not there to beat people up, but no worries haha. How was it? Don´t worry about people not dancing if they didn´t, because boys your age are scared senseless of girls usually so it´s definitely not you, but them, but if they did dance with you who where they? Where do they live? You´ve been seeing a lot of Jeff lately huh? tell him my companion reminds me of him a lot and that jeff will have to room with us after the mission. I hope Jeff goes to Brazil because then he can speak Portuguese with us. I heard you are taking independent study courses... keep this up and you can have a very easy senior year because you don´t need any more credits, I know people that had just one or 2 classes the entire year. keep it up McKenna, and don´t forget you can accomplish the things you want to do so much more easily if the lord is always included in it. That is not just something I am saying, it is real. I love you McKenna I hope you are having a great week, keep writing, tell Taylor he is slacking off and that he can at least email a little not every time he is on the flippin computer haha. Love you!

I have to get going now, thanks so much for everything, be happy I love you very much, be good, follow the spirit. I know he will always help us if we just pay attention! I love you all!

Sincerely,
Elder Cameron Dean Summerhays

1 comment:

Koko said...

It's so fun to have new updates! Thank you for taking the time to put them on the blog. I was listening to a CD today and realize I have that song from the DVD on it. Wish we could get him a copy. They showed it to our kids in the ward so the missionaries must have one. A kid came back from his mission in North Carolina, I think, and brought it with him...they produced it there for just their mission and then it's been showing lots of places. It's a great one!

Anyway, he sounds GREAT as usual!