Welcome....

Hello to friends and family,
Thanks for visiting Cameron's mission blog.

I'm Cameron's dad and I'll be hosting this site for Cameron (Elder Summerhays) while he serves his mission.

Elder Summerhays had a great experience at the Sao Paulo CTM and was transferred to Goiania on May 6th. He has served in Goiania, Uberaba, Uberlandia, back to Goiania and is now in Anapolis.

Elder Summerhays would love to hear from you! Please feel free to handwrite (no, not that!).

Letters take 10-14 days to arrive and should be addressed to: (Updated 7/12/09)

Elder Cameron Summerhays
Rua 6 Q. 10 Lt. 16
Conj. Raul Balduino
CEP 75000-000
Anapolis
Brazil

Care Packages can be sent to the mission home @:
Elder Cameron Summerhays
Brazil Goiania Mission
Rua 18, 110, Salas 1105 a 1107
Ed Business Center, Setor Oeste
74120-080 - Goiania - GO
Brazil

Elder Summerhays can receive e-mails from friends and family but can only email back to immediate family. He also has limited time on the computer so please keep e-mails short as he has to write his Mission President and family during the time alotted.
E-mail: Eldersummerhays@myldsmail.net.

Google Earth: (First area in Goiania)
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box:
AV Meia Ponte, Setor Negrão De Lima, Goiania, Brazil
(lived here 5/18 -9/2/08)

View of his current apartment and ward building:
Enter the following into the "Fly to" box: R. Ricard Ramos, 451- Uberaba - MG, 38065-380
or enter :Av. Lucas Borges, 540 e 530 (to see ward building; Boa Vista, Ward, we think)

For more information and history of Goiania please visit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goi%C3%A2nia

-Vince

Sunday, November 23, 2008

October 28th, Emails

Hey mom, how are you? I am doing well. This week was good, we didn´t get any baptisms, but we got so close it gave me goosebumps. _____ is going to be baptised in the near future so we're just hanging in there haha. The lord does wonderful things in missionary work.

Maria Jose showed up! it was amazing, we never even managed to find her this week, but she showed up on her own and we started smiling sooo much because she was on our list of faith arrivals and baptisms. She will be baptised in the near future. Her son is going to start going to church with her because she is completely determined to be a member, and he will be baptised once he has been there for 2 Sundays.

Yeah your week did sound pretty psycho, I can just see Taylor and Lilly walking out there on the floor, that little angel, just beaming with all the attention... sheesh! Just what she likes, haha... just kidding. Taylor he needs to be soooo careful getting all the attention he is getting in school. If he is winning prince for prom, that means that there are plenty of girls that would love him to be their prince, and they are getting less and less shy these days. I can not believe how many ninteen year old girls I meet here that have 3 year old children; advise him but don´t bug him.

Tell Bryce good job for the goal he made, that is awesome. Also tell him it makes me really happy to know that he is reading instead of buying silly Pokemon cards. But I am soooooo jealous that he is going to read the third book before me!!! arrrrggggg. I can´t believe it! But there will be a fourth book as well, it´s not a trilogy anymore so I will read that first ha! I can´t believe he has read Eregon and eldest already, he is really turning into a great reader that makes me really happy for him, I love reading.

Tell McKenna that she is required to be happy according to Cameron Law and that when she is sad she must turn on my John Mayer music and think of me and she will feel a lot better for sure! Tell her I love her soooo much.

Well I´ve gone on for a while so I`ll end this hear from you soon.

Oh yeah and I got letters from dad and from Jeff Whatcott this week.

1 comment:

Koko said...

He sounds like a great older brother with the advice he's giving. Hopefully the kids will listen to him (and to you two of course! haha). I'm glad he's putting who he gets letters from since we're never quite sure... ;) Loved the new picture!!